The free Libby app gives you access to an array of e-books and magazines from DMU library with a leisure reading angle. These are provided in addition to the range of academic e-books and journal subscriptions that you can access via our catalogue and our print Leisure Reading collection in Kimberlin Library. All you need to access these collections is to download the Libby app and sign into our library using your single sign-on details to begin browsing and borrowing from the digital collection.
You can also read on Libby within a browser.
Getting started is easy! Just follow these simple instructions:
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or iOS device
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find De Montfort University and sign in with your single sign-on details
- Browse the digital collection and borrow a title
- If you are already a Libby user through Leicester or Leicestershire Public Libraries, you can add your DMU registration as an additional "card"
To enjoy free instant access to digital ebooks you need:
- Your single sign-on details
- Internet Access
- A smartphone, tablet, or ereader (Kindle, Nook, etc)
- The free Libby app, which can be downloaded for free from your device's app store
- Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period. No late fees!
- Check out up to 5 titles at a time
- Borrow titles for up to 21 days
- You can place a hold on 3 titles at a time